Roy Lee Corpening
2003 to present Executive Director Youth Unlimited Programs
• Administers and manages overall program, including program activities, budget, personnel, procurement, presentations, customers service, legal matters, publications, and policy analysis.
• Supervision and evaluation of YUP employees/staff
• Attend and participate in meetings and conferences on behalf of YUP
• Compiles and prepares the annual report
• Maintains extensive community outreach and partnership-building activities.
1988 to present Wake County Public School
Science Teacher – Fuquay-Varina Middle School
• Provide instruction to approximate 180 students in the areas of life science and physical science. These topics are correlated with environmentally related topics.
• Coordinator of Regional Science Olympiad School team.
• Lead teacher for NASA SEEMA robotics School team
• Initiated Summer Science Camp for grades 6 thru 8. Conducted ecological trips.
• Serve on Student Crisis Advisory Teams which primarily helped students with adverse conditions at school and in the home
• Served on school leadership and technology committees and recruited teachers
• Served as liaison between the Wake County Water and Soil Conservation and the Science Teachers at Fuquay – Varina Middle.
1978 to 1987 Carolina Power and Light Company, Raleigh, North Carolina
• Responsible for coordination of water quality/chemistry collection and correlation of this data with macro invertebrate and fish populations.
• Provided annual reports to management on power plant water quality
• Developed new identification technique for aquatic macro invertebrates resulting in a 50% reduction in processing time
• Supervised technicians working on data collected from power plant lakes
National Association of Educators
North Carolina Association of Educators
National Science Teachers Association
North Carolina Science Teachers Association
Kappa Delta Pi
Western Carolina University——BS Biology 1976
North Carolina State University——-20 hours Environmental Sciences
North Carolina State University——Masters in Science Education —1995
National Board Certified Teacher——2000